Last week I spoke at the National Freedom of Information Coalition’s 2011 FOI Summit in Providence, R.I. It was a great gathering of open-government enthusiasts, many of whom have been slugging away in the trenches for decades.
I participated on a panel called “Cutting-edge Tools for Transparency: Better Access to Data [...]
Veteran investigative reporter and data journalist. Advocate for open government.
- Some federal agencies better http://t.co/5KUKflLeXl than others at posting data inventories http://t.co/WkPTuXBoza #opengov about 3 days ago
- Fun #opengov fact: Federal agencies were supposed to post data inventories starting more than 15 years ago. http://t.co/sTElyS2fff about 3 days ago
- IRE members get free premium CometDocs accounts. http://t.co/pNDeleic4B Convert those gnarly PDFs! @IRE_NICAR about 3 days ago
- Potential tripwires for journalists in new White House Open Data Policy. http://t.co/OMU62oG5vD about 3 days ago
- After coming forward, military sexual assault victims diagnosed with mental disorders
- Extra Extra Monday: Sexual assaults in the military, data breaches, CDC emails and power tool injuries
- Green energy company may be breaking California waste disposal laws
- Some felons hold active gun permits in county of NC